Keeping your WazirX account and funds safe is always our topmost priority. You form an important part of the effort and together we can keep WazirX as the most secure exchange in India. Below are some important best practices you should follow to keep your WazirX account secure.
Using the right WazirX
- Make sure you have downloaded the right WazirX App. On the Playstore & App Store the app is called `WazirX`and the developer name is Zanmai Labs Pvt Ltd. Direct Links :
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wrx.wazirx
iOS - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wazirx/id1349082789?ls=1&mt=8
Web - https://wazirx.com
Mac App - https://download.wazirx.com/desktop-apps/WazirXSetup-mac.dmg
Windows - https://download.wazirx.com/desktop-apps/WazirXSetup-win.exe
- Download and Install the app ONLY via Playstore and App Store. Never download from any other sources.
- If you are trading via the website, ensure the domain is wazirx.com
- When you receive emails from WazirX, check if the email ID is @wazirx.com
- Always Set a strong password for your account
- Passwords must be at least 6 characters long and a maximum of 64 characters. We recommend using passwords longer than 10 characters.
- Include a combination of characters, numbers & symbols like $%^~ in your password
- Never use common words as passwords. For eg your name or birthdate or your pet's name
- Never use a password that you have used elsewhere. For eg - your email password, your Facebook password or even your password for another cryptocurrency exchange
- Never share your password with anyone else. WazirX will never call or email you asking for your password. Nobody needs your password to help you with a problem.
You should also follow the above tips to secure the email ID that you have registered with your WazirX account.
Two Factor Authentication (2FA) & OTP
- Always enable 2FA on your account. We highly recommend using an app-based 2FA like Google Authenticator.
- When setting up 2FA, store the secret key in a very safe place. Never store it on your device or email
- Never share your 2FA app or device with anyone else.
- Never share your 2FA Code/OTP with anyone else. Even if someone claims they're contacting you from WazirX. We never need your OTP to help you with any problem.
- If you have received an OTP on your phone without requesting one, please contact our support team immediately.
- Never share account details like your registered WazirX email ID, mobile number, bank details, Transaction number or amount publicly. Only share it with the support team if asked through official channels like the support.wazirx.com
- If you are using the WazirX iOS or Android App, enable the Passcode feature from the Security Menu.
- Keep your phone OS updated to the latest version. Your OS makes regular security updates so it's important that you stay updated with the latest fixes.
- Setup fingerprint recognition, passcode or any other access security features that your phone may support
- If possible, enable features that wipe out your phone in case it is lost.
- Avoid jailbreaking your phone as that may compromise the phone's security updates.
- Install good antivirus software on your computer but don't depend entirely on it.
- Avoid installing too many software or browser extensions.
- Do not download or install files you don't trust. Especially if they download automatically or are sent as an email attachment
- Only connect to WiFi & Internet networks that you are familiar with and fully trust. Keep your home WIFI networks password protected
Crypto Deposits & Withdrawals
- Always cross-check the deposit address that you have copied when you paste it into the withdrawal wallet.
- Avoid operating your WazirX account on public computers like cybercafes
- Always log out of your WazirX account if someone else uses the same device
- Avoid sharing details of your investments in public channels like Telegram, WhatsApp, forums, etc. Don't disclose your cryptocurrency holdings to anyone in public.
- Never send money to anyone claiming to be representing WazirX. We will never ask you to send money to random addresses or accounts
- Set up 2FA for the email ID that you use for trading. For eg - Gmail, Outlook, etc
Official WazirX Accounts/Links
The following are official WazirX accounts on social media and other platforms. We advice you to please not interact with any other accounts.
- Website - wazirx.com
- Android App - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wrx.wazirx
- iOS App - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wazirx/id1349082789?ls=1&mt=8
- Mac App - https://download.wazirx.com/desktop-apps/WazirXSetup-mac.dmg
- Windows - https://download.wazirx.com/desktop-apps/WazirXSetup-win.exe
- Telegram Announcement Channel - wazirx (https://t.me/wazirx)
- Telegram Discussion Group - wazirx_discuss (https://t.me/wazirx_discuss)
- Twitter - @wazirxindia (https://twitter.com/wazirxindia)
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/wazirx