Signing up for a WazirX account is a super simple process.
The first thing you should do is head over to the Sign Up page. You can do this by clicking on the Sign-Up button at the top right of your screen.
Next, you'll be taken through a quick 4 step process so you can create a login and submit your details for verification.
Step 1 - Email ID & Password
The first step in the sign-up process is to choose a login email address and set a password.
- Email - Enter your complete email address. This is the email address you will use to login and also receive any communication from us. You cannot change your login email address later.
- Password - Enter a strong password that you will remember. Passwords must be at least 6 characters long and a maximum of 64 characters. We recommend using passwords longer than 10 characters. Do not use passwords that you've already used on another website. Try and mix special characters like @#$%^&-* along with capitals and numerics in your password.
Step 2 - Email Verification
Once you've entered your email, password and clicked on sign up, you will receive a verification email at your email address.
- Click on the Verify Email button in the email. You will be taken back to the WazirX website where your verification will be confirmed! Note that the verification email is only valid for 15 minutes. If you do not verify in 15 minutes, login to your WazirX account again and click on the Resend verification email button.
Why have I not received the verification email?
In some cases, it can take up to 10 minutes for the verification email to arrive. Please be patient. If the email has still not arrived, please check your spam/junk/promotions folder. If you find the email in your spam/junk/promotions folder, mark them as not spam/junk.
Resend Email - You can also ask WazirX to resend the email by clicking on the Resend verification email button.
Step 3 - 2FA Setup
After verifying your email, the next step is to set up 2FA for enhanced security.
- Authenticator 2FA(Recommended): Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Setup, Change & Recovery
- Mobile SMS - Enter your 10 digits Indian mobile number. Do not include country code or '0' at the start. This will also be the number at which you will receive an OTP when logging into your WazirX account. You will receive an OTP via SMS. Enter the OTP in the verification box and click verify.
Why have I not received the OTP SMS?
In some cases, it can take up to 10 minutes for the verification SMS to arrive. Please be patient. Also, recheck that you've entered the right mobile number.
Resend OTP - You can also ask WazirX to resend the verification OTP by clicking on the Resend Verification Code button.
Step 4 - KYC details
- Name -
- Date of Birth - Enter your DOB in DD/MM/YYYY format. For eg - If your DOB is 1st April 1989, enter 01/04/1989. You must be 18 Years and above to apply for a WazirX account.
- Address - Enter your full address as it appears on your KYC document. Do not enter the City, State & PIN Code in this box as there are separate boxes for that
Before you click submit, please cross-check all your details to make sure you've not made any typing errors. This will speed up your verification process.
What happens after I submit my verification details?
Once you click on submit, your details and docs move into the verification process. When the verification has been completed, you will receive an email from us approving your account! The verification process could take up to 72 hours depending on the volume of signups. But we try to be as fast as possible.
If for some reason your account is not approved, the email might mention the possible reason and ask you to make the required changes so we can reverify :)
Why has my KYC verification not been approved?
We maintain a high standard in our verification process to ensure that the WazirX platform is used by verified investors and traders. There could be 1 or more of the following common reasons that your KYC verification is not approved -
- Details mismatch - Your details like Name & Address, ID Card number do not match the KYC documents you've submitted. Always cross-check all details before submitting.
- Duplicate account - You've already submitted identical details for another WazirX account. No person can have more than 1 WazirX account.
Note: "We’ll approve your KYC if the documents match our criteria. Kindly note that approval is subjective, and WazirX has the right to reject without giving reasons."