When withdrawing or depositing your coins/tokens, it is very important that you enter all the right details and cross-check the deposit/withdrawal address multiple times before proceeding.
If you make a mistake, your coins/tokens could be lost forever and, sadly, even though we may want to help, we will not be able to do so. In some instances, though, it may be possible to attempt a recovery.
Some mistakes where we can try and attempt to recover your cryptos are -
- Incorrect destination tag entered when depositing XRP (Note: Tag should not belong to another user)
- No destination tag entered when depositing XRP
- Incorrect Memo entered when depositing EOS or XLM (Note: Memo should not belong to another user)
- No Memo entered when depositing EOS or XLM.
- Withdrawing to a Smart Contract address
- Depositing from a Smart Contract address
Some mistakes where no recovery is possible -
- Withdrawing to a wrong address (Please contact the receiving exchange/wallet owner).
The above list is only indicative and in no way a guarantee or commitment that WazirX will attempt to recover your lost coins/tokens. The decision to attempt a recovery is at the discretion of WazirX. The process of recovery is extremely complicated, time-consuming, expensive and can only be carried out by an authorised security team. A minimum of 4-6 weeks is needed to attempt a recovery.
If you make a mistake when depositing or withdrawing your coins/tokens, a recovery fee of 15 USD will be charged to attempt a recovery. This fee will be adjusted by deducting coins/tokens equivalent to 15 USD. The equivalent value will be calculated at the time of attempting the recovery. Please note that not all incorrect deposits/withdrawals can be recovered by us.
To request recovery of your coins/tokens, please follow the steps below -
- Contact us via this link - Submit a Request
- Include your WazirX email ID, coin/token name, amount of coins/tokens, deposit & withdrawal address, transaction ID and a screenshot of the transaction from your sending wallet.
- WazirX will review your request in 4 working days and let you know if a recovery can be attempted
- If yes, your request will be added to a queue and the recovery process will be attempted in 4-6 weeks.